Foreclosure is a nightmare to any family going through it regardless of the reasons why they are about to lose their home. Today we are going to look at the foreclosures effects in Myrtle Beach SC and what local house sellers need to know. First we will look at the effects and the ways of easing them.
Foreclosure Effects in Myrtle Beach SC to Sellers
- Loss of your home – Once you go through the foreclosure process in SC, you will lose your home to the bank. It will then be auctioned off at the courthouse steps to the highest bidder.
- Decrease in Your Credit Score – Your credit rating will be lowered by the foreclosure. How much? It depends on how high your current credit score is… but the higher your current credit score… the more your score will drop after a foreclosure. If you have a credit score of 680 or higher… you may see a drop of 100+ points. A foreclosure remains on your credit report for 7 years in most cases.
- Depression and Stress – Going through a foreclosure can take a serious toll on yourself and your family. Your mental health is at stake because of the high pressure situation. Try to support each other during this difficult time.
- House Values In Your Community – Another one of the big foreclosure effects in Myrtle Beach SC is that they tend to lower the overall value of the houses in your neighborhood… especially if there are multiple foreclosures in the immediate area.
How You Can Ease The Effects Of Foreclosure In Myrtle Beach
For the well being of you and your family, you need to mitigate the effects of foreclosure as much as you can. The process can be frustrating and time consuming, but there are people who can help you navigate your different options in the process.
- Call your bank and work with them: Most banks are very willing and ready to work with you. If you are currently employed and can show that with their help you can get back on track and save your house, this can help. Or, if you just want out of the house but you owe more on the house than it’s worth… see if the bank has any programs to lower the mortgage burden so you can get out from underneath it without it going through an expensive foreclosure. They may allow a short sale.
- Talk with a local real estate expert, like Belle Coast Properties: We know the local Myrtle Beach real estate market well and are very experienced in the foreclosure process here in SC. Give us a call at 843-732-3529 and we can guide you toward the resources that can possibly help you.
- Sell your house: If you’d rather find a way to sell your house and avoid the foreclosure all together, great! We buy local Myrtle Beach houses for cash… and would love to look at your situation and make you a fair all-cash offer on your house. Just call us at 843-732-3529 or shoot us your details through this website.
With the above knowledge on foreclosure effects in Myrtle Beach – what sellers need to know, you can guard yourself by calling Belle Coast Properties at 843-732-3529 and we shall assist you in the shortest time possible to sell your house. However, to fast track the process, kindly fill out our website contact form to give us more information about you. We’d love to connect with you and help you find the best solution!
If you need to sell a house near Myrtle Beach, we can help you. We buy Myrtle Beach SC houses.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
Give us a call anytime 843-732-3529 or fill out the form here today!
Get treated like family with Belle Coast Properties. We simplify the house selling process… check out our testimonials here.